Ducted Air Conditioning Systems
When it comes to Ducted Air Conditioning Systems in Brisbane, we are the people to talk to. But not only Brisbane – we have done hundreds of ducted air conditioner installations in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, and the Gold Coast.
Blue Air & Electrical has the experience and expertise to offer you the best solution for your unique circumstances whether it is budget, a difficult installation or brand preference.
Call us on 07 3245 7111 today for a quote!
Here are just some of the things to consider when deciding on a ducted air conditioning system:
- Do you choose a system that can cool only or do you go for Reverse Cycle Ducted Air Conditioning to cool you in summer and warm you up in winter?
- Do you choose a ducted aircon system with a fixed speed or variable speed compressor? (One of your most important choices)
- Do you choose a ducted air conditioning system with or without zone control? (So you can switch certain sections on/off.)
- Do you choose a ducted air con system with zone control and a dump zone or a system with a no dump zone? (Very important – systems like Actron ESP Plus & Ultima can ramp down automatically when zones are switched off and you don’t need a constant dump/spill zone. Much more energy efficient – by 60 – 75%)
- Do you choose a system where you can have different temperatures in each room?
- Do you choose a system with a constant dump/spill zone, an automatic dump zone or no dump zone?
- Which system has the best Star Rating (Highest EER – Energy Efficiency Ratio). See a side-by-side comparison on our Handy Hints page.
- Which aircon units run the quietest? Consider the outdoor unit noise level and the sleep mode indoor noise level.
- Is the insulating rating of the air conditioning ducting correct for air conditioners Brisbane or Queensland based?
- Which type of ceiling diffusers suit you home styling?
Other documents you may find interesting on this page are the following:
- Which Reverse Cycle Ducted Air Conditioning unit is the Quietest?
- Which Ducted Air Conditioning system is the most Energy Efficient?
What does ducted air conditioning cost?
- The specific brand or series/model.
Daikin air conditioners, for instance, have two options: Standard Inverter Daikin Aircon or Premium Inverter Daikin Air Conditioners with the latter more energy efficient but about 15% more expensive.
The same thing applies for ACTRON – ESP+ and ESP+ Platinum.
- The size of the ducted air conditioning system. You need the correct size (in kW) for the space to cope with a 35-degree day with high humidity.
Also take into account orientation of room (East/West, for instance, have different heat loads), heat generating equipment, size and orientation of windows, etc.
- Do you want zone control to switch zones on/off?
- Do you want the comfort of individual/different temperature control for each room?
- What type of control system do you want? Standard wall controller, Premium touch pad wall controller or Smartphone controller?
- As a rough indication, the cost of ducted air conditioning of a mid-size 14 kW system can range from ~$10,000 incl GST with no zone control to ~$18,000 with 8 zones, temperature control in each room, the best inverter technology on the market which is 75% cheaper to run than a traditional fixed speed ducted air conditioner of the same size. Is Wi-Fi enabled so you can control it from your Smartphone and with R-1 rated ducting and Stylish Round ceiling outlets.
ACTRON Ducted Air Conditioners
When it comes to low running cost, no other brand is as energy efficient (and as cheap to run) as ACTRON ESP+, ESP ULTIMA, ESP + Platinum & ESP ULTIMA PLATINUM.
That is why Blue Air has installed more ACTRON systems than any other brand.
Actron is a unique air conditioning system and in many aspects, it is the best product on the Australian market – made by Australians for Australian conditions for over 30 years.
With ACTRON you can usually choose between 5 different Series/Ranges – depending on the kW size of the unit you require and the availability of 3-phase power.
Although this can become a bit confusing we are here for you and to help you decide what is best for your family and your budget.
In short, here are the major differences between 5 Actron systems available to you – depending on size and power (single or 3-phase):
For an ACTRON Brochure featuring the Classic, ESP Plus or ESP Ultima, Click here: BROCHURE
For ESP Plus Platinum or ESP Ultima Platinum, Click here: BROCHURE
Call us on 07 3245 7111 today for a quote!
ActronAir ESP Plus ducted air conditioners won the inaugural COOL World Industry award in 2008. This trophy acknowledges the Actron’s ability to significantly and measurably reduce the impact of air conditioning on the environment.
What does this mean for you?
With significant energy savings of the Actron ESP+ & Ultima of 60%* (and now 75%* energy savings with the Platinum range), you’ll have more money in your pocket – year, after year, after year!
Energy modelling system has proven that you will save around $900* a year on the running cost of a 14 kW ESP Plus Ducted Air Con – and the savings is more on larger systems.
While you may pay a little more initially for this amazing technology, you will save heaps in running cost over the life of your system – totally worth it!
*Compared to conventional fixed speed air conditioners
Actron Classic, ESP+ and ESP+ Platinum is controlled by a Master Controller. ESP Ultima and ESP Ultima Platinum are controlled by not only Master Controllers but also individual zone controllers in each room.
With the optional ActronConnect Smartphone App, you can control any of the ESP+ or Ultima systems from anywhere in the world. Individual rooms can be switched on or off, the temperature adjusted by as little as ½ degree increments, fan speed adjusted or switched from cooling to heating. That is what you call “Comfort at your fingertips!”
Have a look at these short videos:
Whether you are in the planning stages of building your new dream home, or need to install or replace a ducted aircon system in an existing home, we can assist with valuable design information and of course a quote.
Dave Malengret is a qualified electrician with over 25 years experience, (12 years of which he has been designing Air Conditioning systems for both residential & Commercial installations) and is also a Master Electrician.
So e-mail us your house plans or contact us for a site visit and we’ll work together to find you the best ducted air conditioning solution for comfort and affordability. You can fill out the contact form below now which will allow you to attach your house plans.
Air Conditioner Installation
How long does an air conditioner installation take?
For existing Houses: A ducted air conditioner installation is usually done over a 2-day period – or 3-day period if it is a really big installation with lots of air outlets, is a double storey, etc.
For NEW houses: Ducted Air Conditioning is usually installed during 2 phases.
- The first stage is called the ‘rough-in’. This stage is when the frame is up and the roof is on. This is when the indoor air conditioner fan, zone motors, refrigeration pipes (leading to where the outdoor unit will be situated) and ducting is installed into the ceiling space. If it is a double story home ‘droppers’ that go from the upper floor ceiling to the downstairs rooms.
- Once the ceilings are in, we come back to do the ceiling cut-outs, connect the outdoor compressor up, install the controllers and if there is power – test it thoroughly and balance it to ensure perfect comfort for each room.
Please contact us for a quote for your ducted air conditioner installation. We will carefully calculate the size you need and present you with a plethora of options. To get an air conditioner installation quote cost nothing! So why not contact us today?