Split System Air Conditioner Installation
Wall Split System Air Conditioning is the most popular type of air conditioning in Australia to cool a single room. It involves the installation of one indoor head unit blowing cool air in summer or hot air in winter, and one outdoor unit (which gets rid of extracted heat in summer or extracted cold in winter).
Split air conditioning comes in typical sizes of 2 kW, 2.6 kW, 3.5 kW, 4 kW, 7 kW & 8/9 kW sizes and will cool or heat a room up to 60 square meters or approximately 7 x 8 meters in size. As professional air conditioning specialists, we will calculate the right size for you taking into account various factors like the heat load – electrical equipment, aspect of the room, the amount of people occupying the room, etc.
Call us on 07 3245 7111. We’re qualified to help!
Split System Air Conditioning Brands We Recommend for Residential Air Conditioning Installation
We are passionate about Actron and Daikin products, they are reliable and offer great value for money. These brands are perfect for the harsh Australian climate with fantastic options for both heating and cooling.
A Comparing the different brands of split system air conditioners – most have similar features and often there may only be 2 or 3 small differences between brands which may or may not be important to you. You can read more about the technical side of things to see what makes them different or talk to us. The competition is usually very fierce between brands of split system air conditioners so also ask for bonus offers before you get your split system installation done.
For split system air conditioner installation cost – please contact us.
Blue Air & Electrical has been an Actron Platinum Dealer (and installer) since 2005. One point of contact for service & warranty – That’s us!
Warranty: Residential 5-year warranty
The Daikin Ururu Sarara 7 is the most energy efficient split system air conditioner in Australia* with a 7-star ‘super efficiency’ rating using all new R32 refrigerant.
* 2.5kw model, as at 15/11/13 – visit www.energyrating.gov.au for details
Daikin Air Conditioner also make the L-Series which is their ‘base’ model/range.
Warranty: Residential 5-year parts & labour warranty
What installation options do I have with regards to placing the outside unit?
What functions do they have and which features are important?
There are many things to consider when you look at a Split System Air Conditioner:
- It’s important to look at EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) or Star Efficiency Rating
- Indoor and outdoor noise levels
- Noise during ‘quiet mode’/’sleep’ function
- Features like ‘coil protection’ if you live close to the sea
- A ‘follow me’ function where the remote is also your temperature sensor (Put it down next to you in the room and the air conditioner will cool the room to the desired temperature where you are ensuring better comfort – Actron only)
- An ‘intelligent eye’ where the split system unit will automatically go into Econo mode if nobody is detected in the room for 20 minutes.
- The style might be more important to you and you may like the look of one over another.
- Whether they can be controlled via a Smartphone using an APP.
With different brands/models there are slight differences in max fan speed, moisture removal rate, temperature operating range, unit size, etc. but none which really stands out significantly. Nearly all models split system air condition units have a multi-directional air flow to disperse air far and wide, a turbo/jet mode (max fan speed), a self-cleaning function which cleans the inside coil (you still need to clean the filter, coil and drain with an annual service), 24 hour timer, weekly programming function or extra indoor and outdoor coil protection against corrosion.
Actron also has a digital display on their wall mounted air conditioning units (indoor) so you can easily see the temperature from anywhere in the room.
Call us on 07 3245 7111. Our qualified staff are here to help!
Air Conditioner Installation Cost
What does an air conditioner cost?
Although you can buy a 2.5 kW wall split from a retailer for as little as $700 – $800, this price is UNINSTALLED. You can add anything between $700 (small system) and $1,300 (big systems) for a ‘back-to-back’ split system installation where the outside unit sits on the ground.
The total cost (supply & install) ranges from around $1500 – $3500 depending on the size and application.
The price depends on the Make/Brand & Model of Split System Air Conditioner and non-back-to-back extras.
Please contact us for an accurate quote for your split aircon installation by calling (07) 3245 7111 or completing the form on our ‘Contact Us‘ page.
What is the cost of a Split System service?
$165.00 incl. GST per unit and the air con service takes approximately an hour to complete.
If you have multiple units or even a ducted aircon system as well, you will be entitled to a discount when serviced at the same time.
If you would like a quote for a split system installation – or need book an aircon service – please fill out the form on the bottom of this page or on our ‘Contact Us’ page.
Feel free to contact us for any air con repairs!
How long does it take for a split system aircon installation?
Small system installation can take as little as 3 hours. Large ones 5-6 hours.
What is a ‘back-to-back- installation?
This is where the inside unit is mounted to an outer wall, with the outside unit sitting right behind that same wall on the outside and on the ground or mounted on a wall bracket.
So what is NON-back-to-back split system installation?
- Where the outside unit does not sit directly behind the indoor unit, but say anything from 1 to 20 meters away. This attracts a more piping, insulation and an aesthetically pleasing cover/trunk to hide these refrigeration pipes. This can cost $12 – $18/m depending on the size of the unit.
- Or this is where the inner unit is mounted to an inner wall (between two rooms). The inner AC unit condensate needs to drain to the outside, but to get condensate back up into the roof and then to the outside requires a special pump that has to be installed in-line. This can attract a $200 plus GST cost and you need to add $12 – $18/m for pipes, insulation, etc to the outside unit. Not a great cost, but still needs to be taken into account.
Air Conditioning Service & Repairs
If you’re looking for air conditioner repairs Brisbane and surrounds, or air conditioner service Brisbane and surrounds, we’re ready to help.
How often do I need to have my AC unit serviced and why?
Split System Air Conditioners in a domestic environment need to be serviced once a year – more often (3-monthly) for commercial situations where they work flat out every day.
The split system service:
- All air conditioners have drains between the inside unit and outside. These drains can block up over time from a sludge of dust, dirt and algae and needs to be cleaned. If they don’t get cleaned, condensate can’t go anywhere and will overflow dripping down the unit inside or run down the wall onto the floor or onto furniture, carpet, etc. causing damage.
- The coil will be cleaned, sanitized (to kill any mould, bacteria, and fungi) and deodorized for a fresh clean smell.
- The filter is cleaned and sanitized.
- We check the gas levels to ensure there are no gas leaks and to ensure optimal performance.
- Check air flow and overall system performance ensuring everything works 100%.
- Check all insulation – repair any damage.
- Check all trunking/covers and brackets protecting pipes and insulation. Repair where necessary.
Do you need service or repairs on your AC unit? Call us on 07 3245 7111.
What size room can you cool with a Split System Air Conditioner?
The smallest unit (2.5 kW) will effectively cool a room up to 16 m2 (4 m x 4 m). The biggest Actron wall split system (8.2 kW) will effectively cool a room as big as 54 m2 (7m x 7m or 6m x 9m). Between these two extremes, there are 3 other size models, so depending on the room size, we’ll select one which is just right for you. We may also take into account other factors to determine the size you need like western facing rooms, size of windows, amount of people occupying the room, equipment that generates heat, etc.
What power do they need?
220-240 Volt, single phase, 50Hz
Contact us today!
REQUEST A QUOTE
If you would like a quote for a split system (even ducted) air conditioner – or need us to call you to organise a time to come out and do a service, please fill out the following and we’ll be in contact: